adventures with your dog can be the best!
If you know me, there’s a pretty high chance you know Tinka, my black tri Australian shepherd. Her furry little self goes almost everywhere with me. She’s been up and down California and along the way we’ve picked up a few tips!
- Always travel with water. I have a collapsible bowl & cool water available for Tink at every stop.
- Check to be sure the area you’re going is dog friendly. Yosemite is dog friendly to an extent, dogs are required to stay on paved paths
- Respect the wildlife. If your dog is a squirrel chaser, she’ll likely try to chase anything that moves. Some wildlife are really sensitive to dogs, they can’t tell the difference between a dog and a coyote or wolf.
- Bring treats and a toy! If your dog gets nervous (especially in resteraunts) bring some cookies and use that time for training excersizes. Have your dog sit, lay, and stay. They’ll settle eventually but be firm.
- Unless otherwise stated, keep your doggo leashed!
If you’re looking for places to stay with your dog, most Holiday Inn Express’ are dog friendly! Air BNB also has a pet friendly search option.
http://www.bringfido.com has lists of dog friendly stops, I use this all the time traveling with Tinka!